News Forums Grifball Discussion AGLA Discussion Rage's Rankings

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Rage 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Rage
    Keymaster

Oh yeah, these are back.

Silva
    Keymaster

Wow great rankings

PoisonxPoptart
    Participant

Wow great rankings

I disagree

- SL17 AGLA Ammy Champion
    - Paradox Warriors - Underrated - Ken no senshi

NOPLEX
    Participant

Wow great rankings

I disagree

I agree with your disagreement, now I’m triggered.

I used to do stuff

Rage
    Keymaster

Week 1 AGLA Pro Rankings 4/30/18

1. One Hit Wonders – Defense, Playmaking, Chemistry. Nothing makes up a championship roster more than these three factors and One Hit Wonders has all 3 in abundance. Crusader has pushed himself into the discussion for best player in the League as far as I’m concerned, this man knows how to win and he knows how to build a team. I’m not going to drop the team because they don’t have a tank heavy roster, they have enough to get the job done. For all those teams with so-so runners who are feeling they can get away with it, this team is gonna show you that you can’t.

2. Notorious – This team has a bit of everything, the best tank in Saintz, one of the best runners in Silva, the best 1v1 defender in the league aka AJ, and Nets who will fill any gap the team still has. There’s no shortage of veteran experience here and there’s no weak points in the roster. They have the pieces and the chemistry, but it’s going to come down to the little things that put a team number 1, and I think One Hit Wonders does those better.

3. Ghost of Grif – Definitely not here because of their name, but this team has the best tanking offense in the league and Galv is officially back. It looks like they figured out having Boss run the ball behind Galv, Gingy and Ezy is going to be their best lineup, this team is all of a sudden really scary. There’s no avoiding this team putting you on your back wall as you struggle to pass back and forth to avoid a turnover, but they’re not bulletproof. For one, Ezy needs to get back into form. He’s got Gingy by his side which will help and he’s going to have the luxury of being able to play passive since there’s no shortage of push power with Galv and Gingy. The second is finding their stride with Rick, Boss is just a draft pick and Rick has his upsides, but he doesn’t fit as well with the team so he’s going to have to figure out his place on the team to make it work.

4. Grammaton Clerics – I wasn’t sure what I thought of the DCleak pick immediately after bidding, but after playing against DCleak some more I have more faith it could work. On defense, he fits this team perfect. The defensive holes have been filled and with Ace and Rain holding the tanking line, this team is going to be more difficult to score on than you realize. On offense however, it’s a lot of faith in DCleak’s running to make it work. STOP KILLING ME or Rose, it doesn’t matter, they will be doing the same stuff. It’s weird to think that a team with Rain and DCleak will still need Ace to carry the offense, but I worry this team will have a very one dimensional offense, this could get sloppy. Being the best player in the League, Ace will find a way.

5. Elevate – I’m being fair to the other teams here by dropping my team at 5 to start, but with BCN and Hawk, we have the most to prove. I have 0 regrets in bidding and I have full confidence this team can win it all, we’ve got the talent to win but we need the chemistry. I expect to move up the rankings pretty quick, but out of respect for the proven talent, you can have the top spots for now.

6. Xbox Record That – The polar opposite of Ghost of Grif, this team’s defensive tanking is going to be insane. Drk and Dig are going to be frustrating to tank through and the swords this team will throw at you are going piss off every runner in the league. Pigs is the most underrated hybrid in the game, no one to blame but herself. Poptart is Pro ready and can be the x-factor of the team on offense and defense. As I mentioned in the community rankings article, the issue with this team is going to be offense. There’s very little pushing power on the team and this team could be too passive to open up opportunities for their playmaking potential. That being said, don’t let the 6 spot fool you, any team in this league can reach the top spot.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Rage.

The Vigilante
    Participant

Where is Legacy’s? #triggered

Copilot
    Participant

Pfft. Where’s ammy?

Reyas
    Participant

Pfft. Where’s ammy?

When’s the eugbl rankings?

Rage
    Keymaster

AGLA Pro Power Rankings 5/7

1. One Hit Wonders (No Change)
    They didn’t play this week so I can’t drop them from the top spot, duh.

2. Notorious (No Change)
    A series win over Ghost of Grif is a good start to the season, but it was a lot closer than it should have been given how Galv played in the series. Saintz loves beating down on Galv like this but when Galv is dropping massive neg bombs, this series should not have gone to 3 games. I don’t think there’s much room for improvement for this team since the chemistry is already there and we know what we’re getting out of these players and a 20-30 game season is going to give other teams a chance to catch up.

3. Grammaton Clerics (Up 1 from last week)
    First hand experience here, STOP K1LLING ME is Pro ready. He was the biggest concern going into the season along with how their running strategy is going to play out, but if SKM is going to be a monster push tank, that will take this team places. Granted, Elevate is far from a top tier tanking team, but with Galv quitting, that’s one less team to worry about who has a tanking line that can compete with GC’s. Ace did a lot of the running in our series so I wonder how this team will play when Ace is forced back into tanking. I’m looking at the series against One Hit Wonders with great interest, this team could take the top spot next week.

4. Xbox Record That (Up 2 from last week)
    This team didn’t play either but with Ghosts of Grif losing Galv and Elevate proving they have holes to fill, this was an easy jump for XRT. Hopefully we get to see them play this week, someone reschedule with them if GoG can’t pull a team together, I really want to see what this team can do.

5. Elevate (No Change)
    A 5-4 win to start the season was a great sign for this team, but then the tanking line fell apart. It’s no surprise there are early struggles as this team has minimal chemistry going into the season and two players new to being a starter on a pro team, but it was a rough couple games. This team has the most to improve of any other team and has a series against Notorious and and One Hit Wonders this week, teams who already have established chemistry, this week may answer a lot of questions.

6. Ghosts of Grif (Down 3 from last week)
    I mean… they quit. I felt they didn’t do THAT bad in the opening series against Notorious, they pushed it to 3 games with their best player struggling to perform so there’s obviously a lot of potential on the roster. Galv quitting is just a heartbreaker, if Gingys follows, the team is dead in the water. The team is quite the mess atm so last place is no surprise.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by  Rage.

Rage
    Keymaster

AGLA Pro Power Rankings 5/14

1. Grammaton Clerics (Up 2 from last week)
    Ignoring the fact that half their wins are against a severely weakened Ghost of…Uplifted lineup, this team is looking dominant. They dethroned One Hit Wonders from my top spot and didn’t have too difficult of a time doing it. Ace is a runner this season from the looks of it and it seems to be working. Rain is back in form, DCleak is anchoring the defense as usual, and SKM/Rose are getting the job done. This team is cruising.

2. Notorious (No Change)
    Get on the court please.

3. Xbox Record That (Up 1 from last week)
    Look, they’ve only played Uplifted and took the easy 2-0 start to the season, but I can’t put a 2-0 team below a One Hit Wonders team that got crushed by Grammaton Clerics. This team can play the same game OHW can, but XRT has a tanking line to anchor the team… hey wait a minute, these teams play each other on Thursday, someone better stream this.

4. One Hit Wonders (Down 3 from last week)
    Yea I know, it’s a big drop, I’m giving XRT the benefit of the doubt here because OHW got exposed against Grammaton Clerics. The tanking struggles were real and they weren’t able to overcome it like a usual Crusader team does. They should handle Uplifted fairly easily but the series against XRT is going to be huge in determining how real this team can be.

5. Elevate (No Change)
    Yea we’re still here, a goal away from a 2-0 series win over Notorious including a 5-0 win and an optimistic future, instead we got a second 2-1 series loss and then got dominated by One Hit Wonders. Work needs to be done and adjustments will need to be made, a shot at revenge against Grammaton Clerics this week is pretty much a must win series.

6. Ghosts… Uplifted? (No Change)
    Some serious respect to Shad and Rick pulling this team together to not only get games played, but get them played ahead of schedule. An 0-5 series record likely has them dead in the water 2 weeks into the season, but credit where credit is due, the team has stolen some games and is a giving some legacy stars a chance to prove their talents, Boss is a confirmed Legacy kid tho.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.