News Forums Grifball Discussion The Larry's List Boiiiiiiiiiii

This topic contains 155 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Crusader 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)
  • Author

The Piggies
    Participant

Another list, coming at ya, best pro captain duos, both known and speculative, in order of most expensive to least expensive.

1. Saintz and Nets – known – this is scary ya’ll. Nets is the best player in the league, with the most winningest bid league history to my knowledge. Follow that up with Saintz as his support (trolol), and you have by far the scariest duo in the league. Of course they’ll be most expensive, but I think they’ll be able to more than make up for it. I think they’ll compliment each other’s playstyles very well, and considering Nets is BY FAR the best at bidding, I don’t believe it would shock anyone to see them win a ship this season.

2. Sab and Crusader – known – a fairly close second to Nets and Saintz, I expect them to do well in bidding also, considering Crusader is fairly intelligent and has been successful with his bidding in the past, though he’s only done it twice. His trade game is on point though >;). My problem here is with Sab. Maybe he’s just been trolling in customs to lower his value, which eh might work a little, but if he’s not then I just dunno. His season last year with Notorious was for him, a personally disappointing one, though he was sorta stuck under some ice if you catch my driftttttt. All in all they’ll still be successful, and it really comes down to how well they can outbid Nets/Saintz with a few more credits.

3. Rage and Larry – speculative – though I’m just guessing with these two, I feel it would be foolish for them not to duo. Rage has been at the top of his game lately, and I really feel like Rage is the only one that can shrug off Larry’s personality in-game. Here’s the thing; if Larry goes to either of the duos mentioned above, he’s going to clash with either Saintz or Sab, whether they win or not. Larry is probably the most competitive person in the league, and even when we were destroying last season on Impulse he would tilt, albeit it was at himself. I just don’t see Saintz tolerating that and I feel like Nets is smart enough to know that their egos will clash, and according to Larry himself, Sab already doesn’t like him. So this just really feels like a no-brainer, considering Rage and Larry are both extremely talented, get along well, and would be cheaper than the two duos I mentioned above.

4. Ace and Rain – known – we all know the truth; Ace just hasn’t been himself lately. He’s been having this weird on and off lag during custom games, and I really think it’s affecting his performance heavily. On top of that you have to consider that he is probably not going to help Rain with bidding much, and considering how Rain has bid in the past, I just don’t see them doing all that well. Rose is an immediate pick up for this team (which is why she wasn’t on my pro prospects list – she’s already guaranteed to be there), which isn’t a bad thing but I feel they need another hybrid, not just another tank. Don’t get me wrong, she is really good, but Grifball is all about the team, and I think this team will need something else. Rain is still pretty good, but nowhere near as dominant as he was when he won the ship with Nets on Vital Signs, due to the fact that everyone else finally overcame the learning curve. I could be wrong, it’s a dangerous business to doubt Ace, but all things taken into account, you could consider my faith in him shook.

I can’t decide who would be cheaper between these next two duos:

Tied 5th. Gingy and Dig – speculative – Gingy has already said that he doesn’t want to be a captain, but why would he not want to when he’s most likely guaranteed to get Ezy, aka the team he had in mind last season but Rage stole from him (thank you Rage). Dig’s inconsistency is 100% guaranteed to get them a hella low credit value, which in turns guarantees them a pickup on Ezy. I think Ezy is good but realistically on any other team he just doesn’t have the oomf he had back on halo 4 to make that huge impact on the game. I think it would be really foolish of them not to take advantage of their bad season last AGLA and get a hella low credit value to build a super team.

Tied 5th . Drk and DCleak – speculative – Drk and Cleak is another guess on my behalf, but would this not be completely overpowered? Imagine they grab Galvinator, or literally any other of the best players in the pool? Imo they would be so undervalued, this would work out heavily in their favor, same as with Gingy and Dig. Plus I feel Cleak and Drk are intelligent enough to use their low credit value wisely, and set themselves up for success. They already get along really well, and I feel they’re both subtly capable of molding a team really well, sorta like what Nets is capable of in-game. It just makes too much sense.

7. Silva and literally everybody else in the community – known – if Silva hasn’t asked you to duo with him then you’re probably not reading this anyways. You can’t lose if you’re on a team with everybody. Arguably the most brilliant strategy we’ve seen in Grifball history.

Drksoulnado
    Keymaster

:Thinking:

~Winter League GGL 2010 Champs- Ahoooo~
    ~EUGBL20 Champs- High Voltage~
    ~AGLA SL17 Champs- Underrated~
    ~GGL SL18 Classic & Salary Champs- WiA & Next Gen.~

Rage
    Keymaster

Active and Hide is a for sure duo, they’re pretty much married at this point.

Cleak
    Participant

Oh shit they are on to us. Abort the plan.
    null

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Cleak.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Cleak. Reason: I just wanted to put a gif. fuck
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Cleak. Reason: testing

The Eastbrook
    Participant

I can’t duo cause of my internet haven’t really been able to play regular video games so that Rage Larry duo is going to have to be no dawg.

2x back to back Pro Runner of the Season AGLA SL17 and FL17 | 2x AGLA Pro All-Star SL17 and FL17 | Sword of the Season AGLA FL17 and IGL 7 | One time AGLA Pro Champion :) Impulse 17-2 |

Rage
    Keymaster

I can’t duo cause of my internet haven’t really been able to play regular video games so that Rage Larry duo is going to have to be no dawg.

That’s what you said the last time we teamed up, can’t fool me.

The Piggies
    Participant

oh here we go Larry with the “my internet is shit” before bidding EYE ROLLLLLL

Drksoulnado
    Keymaster

Wow Larry trying to get himself onto a stacked team once again OmegaLUL

BCN’s 1st Montage

The Eastbrook
    Participant

oh here we go Larry with the “my internet is shit” before bidding EYE ROLLLLLL

Wow Larry trying to get himself onto a stacked team once again OmegaLUL

I promise lmaooooo, I swear. My internet was shit all GGL and plus I’m not good so let me a 4th anyway.

2x back to back Pro Runner of the Season AGLA SL17 and FL17 | 2x AGLA Pro All-Star SL17 and FL17 | Sword of the Season AGLA FL17 and IGL 7 | One time AGLA Pro Champion :) Impulse 17-2 |

The Eastbrook
    Participant

Except for the ship my internet was fine

The Piggies
    Participant

How convenient EYE ROLLLLL

The Eastbrook
    Participant

How convenient EYE ROLLLLL

Either way people are retarded for picking me up. Believe me or not.

Drksoulnado
    Keymaster

Then don’t sign up with you shitty ass internet :eyes:

The Eastbrook
    Participant

Then don’t sign up with you shitty ass internet :eyes:

What’s an AGLA WITH OUT Eastbrook? Grifball gives me my competitive fix.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.