This is a list of me guessing who will go pro, assuming 24 ppl again. Idk who all will be signing up so I’ll probably forget some people. I’m not going to directly rank everybody, but I’ll split them into 5 tiers.
Tier 1: These people are good enough that they should be the #1 on their team cuz they should be carrying. A couple of them could maybe be a 2 but if any of them end up as the #3 or #4 on their roster that’s dumb and the league will be unbalanced.
Tier 2: All around good players. A team with two of them instead of a tier 1 can still do fine. The gap between tier 1 and 2 is small.
Galv (could be tier 1 if he played more)
Tier 3: A lot of variation here. Some players who are good at specific things that can fill gaps on the team (cleak gives you better defense, bcn better tanking). Some all around good players that you could just drop on any team for chemistry (piggies). And runners usually end up here if a duo doesn’t already have one.
Cleak (actually tier 2 imo but I already had 7 lol)
Piggies (could be higher if she played more)
Tier 4: The fourths that will make or break your season. You get somebody here that ends up being a beast and you’re at a huge advantage. It takes the burden off of a tier 1 or 2 player. But all you’re really want is for them to not be a liability :)
So I think that’s 24 total:
6 tier 1
7 tier 2
6 tier 3
5 tier 4
But wait there’s more….
Tier 5: Draft picks. It’s a weird group of players who have fallen because they don’t play much (poptart, sherb) or have risen from recent success (xknight). You can use a 4th from here and be fine.
And here’s some people I didn’t include because I don’t know if they’ll sign up: killerz, ezy, solace, jea. They would shift the rankings if they do play.
This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Crusader.
This reply was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Hawk.
That would be reasonable. I struggled with that #6 spot for tier 1. Had to give it to gingy because he’s really really scary when he’s in form. And he still plays just often enough to not regress like others. But you could def make a case for rage or some of other people in that group. At different times in the past all of them probably had a top 6 run.
-Galv used to be #2 according to some but he hasn’t been playing much.
-Rage has been playing well, but mostly in LL and salary league, where the competition is lower. He did play well against WiA though, for sure.
-Rain used to be dominant tanking but had a weak showing last season.
-Nets and Sab are both good players but I don’t see them as the kind of players that take over games solo.
-Digital hasn’t been playing much and varies a lot game to game.
-Silva is sneaky good but like some of the others here he doesn’t play often enough for me to believe he’s top 6 right now, could change mid season.
This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Crusader.
10. Rain – He has fallen off the deepend and hasn’t been able to get back up, but that doesn’t take away the fact that he is the 2nd best tank in the league. I think if he is able to duo with Silent, then he will begin to shine again. Obviously Silent, Rain, and Rose can’t win an AGLA ship; their bidding neesd to be put to the test.
9. Silva – Silva to me is still a top 3 runner. But I don’t know what he wants to be anymore honestly. As a tank he needs to work on his aggression and learn his range a lot more to be a solid 4th or even 3rd tank. His sword is still really great and I’m sure he can utilize it in great ways, just needs to focus on what he’s doing.
8. Sab – Sab is one giant troll who didn’t try all of GGL and still managed to win a ship. He’s above everyone else because of what he can do, not what he has done in recent accounts. Sader and Sab being a duo is a great fit for him, and with a better looking schedule Sab could grind and get back to the Sab of old. However, time will tell if this is the case.
7. Digital Pain – The only man I know who is shorter than Tyler 1, but that doesn’t mean he’s a chump. Later on in the GGL season Digital started to pose a bigger domincance which is good to see for this coming AGLA season. He can’t run and is scared to drop the ball for some reason, but his sword is still a top 5 which is huge in todays meta. Digital, if not a captain, is worthy of a max bid. Just don’t expect a whole lot if you can’t play around his slow and steady style.
6. Drk – When I came back this kid was in ammy, now he is a solid top 6-5 player. That’s a lot of movement for anyone. Drk has definitely proven this last season he can be your go to guy, a lot more than this past AGLA. Teaming with him, if I was delayed or struggling, he had no trouble picking up the extra kills with ease. The kid is a top 5 tank and can do some real damage with above average players surrounding him.
5. Larry – Larry is the best runner in the league who can create a lot of pressure by himself. Using this to his advantage allows his team members to get a lot of free space on the court, which spells trouble for the opposing team. Being too advantageous can lead to him getting caught out; I think with a good in game leader Larry can shine like this last AGLA in the games to comes, seeing how his internet holds up will be interesting to see. One thing I will say about Larry is his defense has definitely increased.
4/3. Sader – Sader is a fast paced tank and a slow paced runner. The best of both worlds. If he is carrying the ball, he will lose it 2/10 times. If he is carrying the hammer, he will be alive for 3 seconds at most every life. The definition of ride or die, sader will throw himself in any position his team needs him to be in. All in all, Sader came back at the same time as me and is a top 5 player. A lot like drk, the amount these 2 have increased their play is increible.
3/4. Nets – Okay, now the Sab > Nets thing is over, the real question is Nets =/ Sader? To me these 2 are similar in a lot of aspects, especially when it comes to court play. A lot like sader, Nets will throw himself into the enemy always getting a mutual and allowing his team to succeed. Against us in the ship, Nets tanked the best on his team. Which is crazy to see, and makes me really happy. After finally teaming with Sader, and I teamed with Nets 4 years ago, I can say these two people lead their teams very similarly. All about winning and game time decision making.
2. Silent – I love my guy but he’s not what he used to be. After finally being dethrone after like 4 years, Silent needs to get back on the grind and really amplify his play. His tanking is very easy to see through by players with keen eyes, and his running can’t be trusted. His sword is still really great but that can’t win him games. Him and Rain need to really buckle down if they want a shot at the ship, because right now they don’t have a chance.
1. Saintz – I’ve ran my mouth about being the best since last AGLA, and you guys are finally starting to realize it. I won’t brag anymore than I already do, just know what’s up.