News Forums Grifball Discussion The Larry's List Boiiiiiiiiiii

This topic contains 155 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Crusader 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 156 total)
  • Author

The Eastbrook
    Participant

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/mode/custom/matches/0fbdbebf-c7f3-48b4-9bfe-1d186934057e/players/the%20eastbrook?gameHistoryMatchIndex=1&gameHistoryGameModeFilter=All

The rush ship game :)

2x back to back Pro Runner of the Season AGLA SL17 and FL17 | 2x AGLA Pro All-Star SL17 and FL17 | Sword of the Season AGLA FL17 and IGL 7 | One time AGLA Pro Champion :) Impulse 17-2 |

IxGingy
    Participant

In Honor of the upcoming NFL Draft, and me being in the draft mood im going to do a draft of the top 10 grifball players. Content yuh fool. (All my opinions, and I will defend my picks.)

#1 ACE B SILENT- So the reason I am taking ace here over saintz will make this pick make a little more sense. My reasoning is people have had time to learn ace’s style a play a lot longer then saintz’s. So in my theory he may not drop far, but I feel like saints will be a little less op. People have had time to see him play and start to adapt to him a little more. He will still be a top 2 player easy, as I assume galv wont be as dominate as he was in early halo5. Ace is still in my mind the most overall player in this league. He is a great runner and tank, and defender and there is no denying it. and why have the #1 pick if you arnt going to spend it on the most well rounded player.

#2 Love Saints- So this is where I am throwing the come back kid(doesnt have a blue collar) of halo. He is right now hands down the best tank in the league, and with that title it hurts your other abilities quite a bit, not because saints cant do other things, because he is a good runner and decent defender as well, but he is most valuable for his dominating tanking so it is best to keep the ball in someone elses hands. This doesnt mean the guy doesnt know how to win, and form a team so if I had pick number 2 I would take my baby bomb squad boy.

#3 MING MING MING MING MING Crusader. Im taking my tool less jedi at the number 3 spot because he is the most rounded runner in this game. Gasp! Gingy how dare you say he is a better runner then larry!…..I didnt say that so chill. I said crusader is the most rounded meaning he is the guy who is totally willing to just run, but he is also best primed to help tank out of all the runners. He is also the best defender in the league, and a fantastic on field coach which means that I want him on my team if im #3.

#4- Rage- ANNNDDDDD I lose everyone (especially Silva) right here, BUT hear me out. Rage has been on a huge uphill swing in his gameplay for a while now, and after playing with him in ggl I can tell you his impact on a team is huge. He may not be the best overall tank in this league, but he is hands down the best support tank. He is great at holding pushes, and getting on the enemies spawn. Made it so easy on a player like me to tank in. Not to mention he has a lethal punch and great plate stops. Rage is my #4 pick for being the best overall support player(everyone on his team seems to play better dont they?)

#5- Gingy- I know wow Gingy ego check, but im going with what I think would happen if a draft happened. As hybrid of the year last AGLA I did a little of everything for my team, had the best K/D, Most Goals, Most Kills, and most carrier kills on the team. I am still capable of helping teams win games(helps if I practice more) and hopefully I can prove the fact that I should stay here after getting out of the pool this AGLA season.

#6 Larry- Larry is the best mechanical player in this game. That is a no question for me right now. He is also the best pure runner. He isnt a bad tank by any means and has a nasty sword. He can make plays on defense as well getting takeaways. the reason larry isnt higher for me is the teammates he has had through the seasons, which isnt always his fault, but they have been fantastic. Minus one season where he barley made playoffs cause of some ffs or something. Rip Mr Above average team. He struggled a lot more then usual that season duo to having to be a #2 instead of a #3 would have to be my guess as to why that was.

#7 Nets- There isnt much to say about the man except that he wins. As the great Drake says “Its Gods Plan” for nets to win. He is a leader, and a personality on the field and you cant teach that jack! YOUR MY BOY BLUE

#8 Dig- This may be high for some people on him, but not for me. Dig is just a smart player, he doesnt everything well. If he plays often enough I believe he can be a #1 for his team every game, no problem. Now fortnite doesnt allow that to happen atm, so I should have placed him lower. Though 8 is where I feel Dig would be right now if he played most games consistently.

#9 Sab- This is hard for me to put my boy this low and 2 behind nets at that, but sab is nets for me without the on court leadership. He is still a smart player and can run tank and defend like nets can, but he just inst as good at winning and leading.

#10 this spot is so hard for me and you can make arguments for so many players here. Rain, Drk, Silva, Galv, Cleak, Pig. In the NFL they would say that means take the best player available that fits your scheme, which means if you are a tank heavy team you take rain or dark or galv. If you need a runner you take silva and or cleak who both are great sword users. And then there is pig. who we should put here so that people think I think shes great so she is picked up in pro and cant go to ammy like she wants.

This concludes the my top 10 mock draft of AGLA 2018

Crusader
    Participant

Your opinion is right

http://i.imgur.com/a6Cj1Bp.jpg

IxGingy
    Participant

Your opinion is right

thanks I know

Rage
    Keymaster

I’m not sure why but I really like this list more than the others.

NetsPride15
    Participant

As I kept reading I was like “Gingy didn’t include dark in the top 5 haha oh well, I’m sure he’s in here somewhere the more I scroll down”

Invalid list.

Saintz The God
    Participant

It’s like no matter what y’all really want me to murder everyone this season.

GGL WL14 Champion - EaP

GGL WL18 Champion - WiA

Killerz
    Participant

:eyes: Show me that with a ship, dad. Then maybe you’ll be on top of lists.

Rage
    Keymaster

:eyes: Show me that with a ship, dad. Then maybe you’ll be on top of lists.

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by  Rage.

Rage
    Keymaster

Now that we have the biggest EU following in about 3 years I figured it was time to make a list of the top EU players in the community.

1. Rey
    2. David

Good list! See you next time everyone!

The Eastbrook
    Participant

Now that we have the biggest EU following in about 3 years I figured it was time to make a list of the top EU players in the community.

1. Hayiie
    2. David
    3.) Reyas

Good list! See you next time everyone!

Fixed

2x back to back Pro Runner of the Season AGLA SL17 and FL17 | 2x AGLA Pro All-Star SL17 and FL17 | Sword of the Season AGLA FL17 and IGL 7 | One time AGLA Pro Champion :) Impulse 17-2 |

NOPLEX
    Participant

Don’t forget trespass when he’s back. Time to start it back up!

I used to do stuff

Crusader
    Participant

Hey in case you missed it, here’s the AGLA Pre Season Player Grades that Poptart put together:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U1OOcBQGcFZ6wVHpbOK0akxxfGbvizkMF8H9tjE327Q/edit?usp=sharing

There were 6 graders and the scores were averaged to get the results above.

The top 4 players are extremely close, separated by less than half a point total. The cool part is each of them play completely differently, leading their own “school” of players. Here’s what I mean:

1. Ace (14.2)
    Silent has a very balanced way of playing where he’s sometimes a passive tank, sometimes aggressive, uses the sword, and knows how to run better than most dedicated runners. Anybody can go into matchmaking and average a 2.0 k/d and 3 goals every match, but then ace does it in league games. He’s the robot who runs every possible scenario through his head and then chooses the “best” option, which is usually a good thing.

Other players who I put in the “Ace” archetype: Invayda Zim, Galvann, ThumpingHawk. And anybody else who’s balanced between tanking, running, and defense and plays smart.

2. Saintz the God (14.1)
    Saintz plays as the super aggressive push tank who is extremely good at their job. He doesn’t have many tricks up his sleeve because he doesn’t need them as he brute forces his way through any team. He tends to run like he tanks- aggressively, which sometimes catches the other team off guard and cheeses goals, but sometimes doesn’t end as well.

Other players in the “Saintz” archetype: Gingy, Hide. And most other push tanks.

3. Crusader (14.0)
    On defense, I have a risky approach where I’m not afraid to feed 5 lives in a row in order to finally get a chance to kill the runner on my 6th try. If the other team won’t directly score off my death, I’ll always go for that super risky interception or sword lunge that probably won’t work, because somehow I make it work. As a runner I’m the exact opposite. Why ever go for a punch that I’ll land 80% of the time, when I can just throw it back for 100% guaranteed possession?

Other players in the “Crusader” archetype: Cleak, Shad, xKnight. And other players who play aggressive defense, or run passively.

4. Eastbrook (13.8)
    Larry is the most unique of the four, and I’ll have the hardest time describing his playstyle. Off the ball he plays like a snake waiting to pounce. Whatever weapon you last saw him have out, he DOESN’T have out anymore. He always has the weapon you don’t expect out, and then kills you when you play the situation wrong. With ball he’s a ticking time bomb. When he sees a gap to plate, he’ll force it every time and usually get it. He’s competent at punching sword and hammer lunges, which is good but not the most important quality in a runner.

Other players in the “Larry” archetype: Poptart, Piggies kinda. Not many people play like Larry.

So yeah. The one playstyle I don’t see here is the passive tank style. I’d call it the “Digital” archetype and include BCN and Sherbet as two names that come to mind. But from those 5 styles you can describe most players. Examples:

Sab = 60% Crusader, 40% Ace. Goes for some hype defensive plays, but is much more balanced of a player than me overall.

KDSkill = 75% Ace, 25% Saintz. Balanced but I think is slightly better at being a push tank than anything.

Silva = 33% Ace, 33% Larry, 33% Digital. Can do anything. But runs aggressive and tanks passive.

Now that’s all sorta made up and just my opinion, but I think it’s pretty fun.

http://i.imgur.com/a6Cj1Bp.jpg

MuNgO PuNgO
    Participant

Different kind of list. I like it.

Fun Read

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.