News Forums Grifball Discussion The Larry's List Boiiiiiiiiiii

This topic contains 155 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  Crusader 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)
  • Author

NOPLEX
    Participant

Lmao “historically negative”. This list is a meme, please keep sleeping on me and any team I’m on, I guess it’s been the thing to do for 6 years.

I used to do stuff

Silva
    Keymaster

Well, I mean, -327 in IGL and -95 last AGLA for you.

Rey before he got Hayiie’d was +63 last season, but -219 in IGL Pro.

Gambit +72 last season in Legacy, -153 in IGL Pro.

Killerz -253 overall last season (-13 Legacy) and -129 in IGL Pro.

I don’t think it’s a meme to state the truth that typically none of you are known as super strong tanks. That’s not to say you all are incapable of tanking obviously, I was just saying that tank v tank I can see how you might struggle against the teams I listed above you. Idk how much you all have played, idk how it’s been going, so if you all are amazing and I’m just ignorant whoops. Either way prove yourselves in the season :).

Reyas
    Participant

Eh, I ignore that igl season for my stats. I played off of my Phone’s 3G as I’d moved house and had no internet. Put that on top of being other side of the world and I was pretty fucked all round :(

NOPLEX
    Participant

I know oh great grandmaster, just a little banter on my part ;) I know I suck

I used to do stuff

Silva
    Keymaster

@Rey true that would effect things a bit I imagine.

@noplex The Noplex is bad meme is so dead pls.

NOPLEX
    Participant

Fuck I had a good run. Finally after all these years Silvo figured me out, it’s why you are the GREAT ONE

I used to do stuff

Crusader
    Participant
    Sader’s Pro Rankings

So I just realized I never made a list. Time for me to make a quick one before games start. Here goes:

1. Xbox Retweet (XRT)
    Ok so this team is pretty good. They’ve also been playing together the most, which has a lot to do with it. I think if you did a tournament RIGHT NOW with all the pro teams, they would come out victorious. However, I don’t think they’ll be able to hold on to the #1 spot all season. I feel like they’ve just jumped out to an early lead. I don’t know who will pass them though, and they’re making playoffs either way.

But looking at the actual players. Drk is top 5 easily, top 3 depending on who’s counting. I think I have him at #2 right now actually. He’s basically a clone of Ace, that would be better than Ace if he had the time and motivation to grind as hard as Ace does. Digital is boring so I’m not talking about him. Piggies is the 3rd on the team, which is where she’s deadliest. Pig carries games if you’re too busy focusing on the main two (just like last season, where Ace and Larry drew the attention). Poptart is a troll in customs, I have nothing to say about him until we play in a real game.

2. Garbage of Grif (GoG)
    This team is pretty random but it won’t matter. They have the firepower to figure things out as they go. Going by what Boss says, Rick has been benched. That’s a bit sleezy but it’s the right choice. Honestly next season I might just sign some random MM kid up as my duo and not tell him so I have the lowest CCV. Then I’ll get my actual three players like Galv did.

Galv and Gingy are pretty similar. They run like they tank, and they tank like you owe them money. It’s pure aggression from them. Ezy will show up and he won’t be the reason you win or lose on this team. Boss will get his second chance running behind a fearsome tanking duo in pro and hopefully it ends up the same way.

3. One Armed Boxers (OHW)
    I’ll throw my team here, but I think we’re going to be pretty inconsistent at the start of this season. Sab and I have played together for years but we’ve got some newcomers and we’re not easy to play with. On other teams, you can go and play your own game well, but that’s not enough on OHW. We’re never good enough at tanking to win games individually.

Sab is back to playing customs consistently, and he’s pretty tilted about being #14 so watch out for him. I’m hoping Jea will provide the tanking backup we need to survive against teams like GoG, and give me enough time to score 5 goals off turnovers. KD is a natural fit on the team and we spam customs which is actually the secret to winning. In short, we’re decent, and we can beat everybody, but we can also lose to everybody.

4. Good ‘ol Boys (NOT)
    This team is better than #4. Idk how much better, but they belong in top 3. The problem is, Saintz told me they’ve still never played a game together with their starting lineup. So right now, compared to the others teams, they look weak. But we’ve got the whole season ahead of us and I’m sure Notorious will get better as soon as they start playing

I have nothing new to say about Saintz. I played a season of GGL with him and the hype is real. I haven’t seen Nets or Silva in customs lately, but I don’t play late night customs so that could be why. They’re both consistent performers though. AJ is the one I have seen in coffee customs and he gives me hope. I was a little iffy on the pickup at first but he’s been playing well. And turns out he can throw some nice passes. Him and saintz should look for the hookups.

5. Elevape Nation (Elevate)
    This team name is about 10% better than Hammerfell, so that’s something. And their hype video is pretty legit so check that out. But overall I’d say this is the team I’m most excited to see on the court. I know what I’m getting with all the others teams, but these guys have the most room to grow through the season. Can they grow quick enough to get a playoff spot? Hopefully so.

BCN has become Digital Jr., which is kinda good, kinda eh. There are times it works well, but that kind of playstyle just isn’t for me. Rage is pretty varied with his approach. Sometimes he makes you dance forever and sometimes he’ll sprint right at you and catch you unawares. Hawk has inherited Drk’s title as the new up-and-comer in the leagues. And then you’ve got Larry. Kinda weird this team ended up with him, because this is the one team where literally all of them can run. But you want Eastbrook with the ball. Playing defense against his running is the most awful thing, I feel like I’m trying to catch smoke with my bare hands. He’s everywhere, he’s nowhere, he’s slipping through a tiny gap in our tanks, he’s baiting my teammates to betray me.

6. Nets Dimension (GC)
    Nobody belongs in last right now, but somebody has to go there. I reordered the teams a couple times while making this list, and everytime I’d get to the bottom, see who was there, and think, “But, this team isn’t bad at all?”. So I’m sorry GC, I don’t even think you’re bad, but for now I have to put you here.

I question having Ace run. He’s the best on the team at it, but he’s also the best tank by a much larger margin. I don’t think this team will get many offensive goals with Ace running. Maybe against us, but every other team has way better tanking if Ace holds ball. What I am scared of is their defensive goals. Ace and cleak can both get one goal a game from sword lunging a runner, and rain is actually good at that too if we’re being honest. Watch out for that or pay the price.

http://i.imgur.com/a6Cj1Bp.jpg

Crusader
    Participant

Pro player rankings

1. Saintz: Taking over in all his games.

2.Ace: Consistently great at everything.

3. Drk: Also consistent at everything but with more pizaz

4. Sader: I’m really number 1 but gotta stay #Humble

5. Larry: Every time I think he’s slipping he goes and makes some wack ass play on me.

6. Sab: Maybe I overrate him compared to others but he’s a god, should be higher tbh.

7. Rain: He knows how to tank again and his sword is actually dirty but no one remembers that.

8. Silva: I wanted to put him lower to get a reaction from him but he’s definitely top 10. Putting him below sab should get me something though.

9. Rage: He should go back to season 1 OHW style and force more aggressive plays but he’s good.

10. Piggies: The most important player on XRT, as we learned when she sat a game and they took the L.

11. Digital: He’s good but what does he actually do 👀.

12. Nets: Debated putting AJ here instead, probably should have.

13-16: Cleak, BCN, Jeakilla, KD in some order but it’s too close and I don’t wanna think about it.

17-21: Hawk, Aj, Poptart, Boss, Myst in some order

22-25: MrAA, Rose, SKM, Canon in some order

26: Diablo

Removed Gingy and Galv for quitting.
    Don’t have Rick cause I haven’t played him recently.

SKIYTTLES
    Participant

AMMY POWER RANKINGS
    ( my opinion so obviously it is completely right and cannot be debated)
    6) Civilized Chaos:nav seems to be a stand up captain but even with jinx they are completely lacking in tanking power. Panther and big al are basically the same player which isnt doing them any favors.

5) Defiance: luck eventually runs out it seems. Sadly chicken cant carry the team and all that rice seems to do is get an occasional stupid route to work and ofcourse find new and exciting ways to scream the same racial slur. I feel like they could have a chance if trollin or hammy steps up a bit but i really dont see them extremely lacking its just maybe the former ship captain cant keep up with the stronger team comps?

4) Power Abuse: im gunna admit. If slender had stayed theyed be in the running for 2nd and possibly 1st. Sco is doing great ( if not a bit overly flashy causing dumb turnovers) and we have tex and sonic playing solid defensive tanking. I just feel like if they figure out the runner situation and learn to team tank offensively they could make a real push to the ship.

3) Xcalibre: im just going off of their basic stats on games played. Annihilation is a beast and xknight makes plays happen and is a solid player. We will see how they do against a more tank heavy team

2) Oblivion: cant take away from what theyve done so far but im not really impressed with their line-up. They honestly seem like a Great Value version of Nobility.

1) Nobility- i mean come on. Copilot is a smart runner and deff the best in ammy and was a runner up behind killerz in legacy. PD has shown he can compete in pro. Warhero is an idiot but is a dope all around player. Revenge is coming back with something to prove and is showing great court awareness and im where i belong. This is the most lopsided team as of rn and unless oblivion can pull a miracle out their bum this seasons gunna be pretty one-sided.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by  SKIYTTLES.

Kinda Reformed

6) Its an even bigger problem when Jinx holds ball.

SKIYTTLES
    Participant

6) Its an even bigger problem when Jinx holds ball.

hes not used to people baiting the punch

Kinda Reformed

Rain
    Participant
    Sader’s Pro Rankings

So I just realized I never made a list. Time for me to make a quick one before games start. Here goes:

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>1. Xbox Retweet (XRT)
    Ok so this team is pretty good. They’ve also been playing together the most, which has a lot to do with it. I think if you did a tournament RIGHT NOW with all the pro teams, they would come out victorious. However, I don’t think they’ll be able to hold on to the #1 spot all season. I feel like they’ve just jumped out to an early lead. I don’t know who will pass them though, and they’re making playoffs either way.

But looking at the actual players. Drk is top 5 easily, top 3 depending on who’s counting. I think I have him at #2 right now actually. He’s basically a clone of Ace, that would be better than Ace if he had the time and motivation to grind as hard as Ace does. Digital is boring so I’m not talking about him. Piggies is the 3rd on the team, which is where she’s deadliest. Pig carries games if you’re too busy focusing on the main two (just like last season, where Ace and Larry drew the attention). Poptart is a troll in customs, I have nothing to say about him until we play in a real game.

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>2. Garbage of Grif (GoG)
    This team is pretty random but it won’t matter. They have the firepower to figure things out as they go. Going by what Boss says, Rick has been benched. That’s a bit sleezy but it’s the right choice. Honestly next season I might just sign some random MM kid up as my duo and not tell him so I have the lowest CCV. Then I’ll get my actual three players like Galv did.

Galv and Gingy are pretty similar. They run like they tank, and they tank like you owe them money. It’s pure aggression from them. Ezy will show up and he won’t be the reason you win or lose on this team. Boss will get his second chance running behind a fearsome tanking duo in pro and hopefully it ends up the same way.

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>3. One Armed Boxers (OHW)
    I’ll throw my team here, but I think we’re going to be pretty inconsistent at the start of this season. Sab and I have played together for years but we’ve got some newcomers and we’re not easy to play with. On other teams, you can go and play your own game well, but that’s not enough on OHW. We’re never good enough at tanking to win games individually.

Sab is back to playing customs consistently, and he’s pretty tilted about being #14 so watch out for him. I’m hoping Jea will provide the tanking backup we need to survive against teams like GoG, and give me enough time to score 5 goals off turnovers. KD is a natural fit on the team and we spam customs which is actually the secret to winning. In short, we’re decent, and we can beat everybody, but we can also lose to everybody.

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>4. Good ‘ol Boys (NOT)
    This team is better than #4. Idk how much better, but they belong in top 3. The problem is, Saintz told me they’ve still never played a game together with their starting lineup. So right now, compared to the others teams, they look weak. But we’ve got the whole season ahead of us and I’m sure Notorious will get better as soon as they start playing

I have nothing new to say about Saintz. I played a season of GGL with him and the hype is real. I haven’t seen Nets or Silva in customs lately, but I don’t play late night customs so that could be why. They’re both consistent performers though. AJ is the one I have seen in coffee customs and he gives me hope. I was a little iffy on the pickup at first but he’s been playing well. And turns out he can throw some nice passes. Him and saintz should look for the hookups.

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>5. Elevape Nation (Elevate)
    This team name is about 10% better than Hammerfell, so that’s something. And their hype video is pretty legit so check that out. But overall I’d say this is the team I’m most excited to see on the court. I know what I’m getting with all the others teams, but these guys have the most room to grow through the season. Can they grow quick enough to get a playoff spot? Hopefully so.

BCN has become Digital Jr., which is kinda good, kinda eh. There are times it works well, but that kind of playstyle just isn’t for me. Rage is pretty varied with his approach. Sometimes he makes you dance forever and sometimes he’ll sprint right at you and catch you unawares. Hawk has inherited Drk’s title as the new up-and-comer in the leagues. And then you’ve got Larry. Kinda weird this team ended up with him, because this is the one team where literally all of them can run. But you want Eastbrook with the ball. Playing defense against his running is the most awful thing, I feel like I’m trying to catch smoke with my bare hands. He’s everywhere, he’s nowhere, he’s slipping through a tiny gap in our tanks, he’s baiting my teammates to betray me.

<strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>6. Nets Dimension (GC)
    Nobody belongs in last right now, but somebody has to go there. I reordered the teams a couple times while making this list, and everytime I’d get to the bottom, see who was there, and think, <em class=”d4pbbc-italic”>“But, this team isn’t bad at all?”. So I’m sorry GC, I don’t even think you’re bad, but for now I have to put you here.

I question having Ace run. He’s the best on the team at it, but he’s also the best tank by a much larger margin. I don’t think this team will get many offensive goals with Ace running. Maybe against us, but every other team has way better tanking if Ace holds ball. What I am scared of is their defensive goals. Ace and cleak can both get one goal a game from sword lunging a runner, and rain is actually good at that too if we’re being honest. Watch out for that or pay the price.

:T

Crusader
    Participant

^ not my fault my #1 and 2 teams died.

Crusader
    Participant

The regular season of AGLA is almost over (for pro at least) and season awards are coming soon. I wanted to list who I think are the frontrunners in each category. I put 3-4 names down for each award that I think are the potential winners, in my personal order. I used a combination of the stats and my experience playing against each team to pick the people. There’s still games left and time for these to change so go prove yourself :)

——

MVP:
    1. Saintz
    2. Rain
    3. Drk
    4. Sader

“Which team would fall the furthest if this player was removed from their team?”
    That was my logic when deciding MVP candidates. And it made the answer pretty easy. I think Notorious without Saintz would be way worse, he’s having to do so much for them. I listed some other names for fun but this is the least debatable category in my opinion.

——

Tank:
    1. Rain
    2. Saintz
    3. BCN

Rain and Saintz are matching each other swing-for-swing when it comes to tanking statistics. Right now Saintz has the larger numbers because of his playtime, but if you adjust for that they’re even in most categories. I’ll lean towards Rain for the award since he won the head-to-head matchup recently, but they still play again. If one of them dominates that second matchup I’d give it to them. The death of Gingy and Galv puts BCN as my next best tank, but the other two are on their own level right now.

——

Runner:
    1. Ace
    2. Silva
    3. Sader
    4. Larry

Tough category. Ace has the most total goals, thanks to his team racking up wins. Silva is the one I personally had the most trouble getting the ball back from. There’s me, not the best at punching but I make smart decisions with it. And finally Larry, the most unpredictable carrier. These 4 people all run very differently. Historically they just give best runner award to whoever has the most goals so that’s why I have Ace #1.

——

Hybrid:
    1. Saintz
    2. Sab
    3. Drk

Not sure how to define a hybrid exactly, since my #1 and #2 both instantly give up the ball to their team’s runner. But all of these people are still in the top 8 goals scored so I’m counting it. Saintz has proven he can play every position on the court between his defense, tanking, sword, and occasional running. Sab is still the ultimate role player in the league who sets up OHW for so much while only getting modest stats. And Drk might be depressed about his team but he’s still the one thing that gets me nervous every time we play XRT, because he can do everything.

——

Defender:
    1. Sader
    2. Saintz
    3. Ace

Saintz is the only person contesting me for most carrier kills, thanks to his long games and passive teammates. But excluding GoG, Notorious is the most scored-on team and OHW the least so I think it’s hard to debate this one. Plus my interception game has been on fire this season.

——

Sword:
    1. Larry
    2. Cleak
    3. Silva

How many times in a row can Larry win this? However long he keeps playing is my guess. Almost half of his kills are with the sword, nobody else is anywhere close to that ratio. Cleak and Silva are the next two best in my opinion, I see them beat hammers 1v1 way too often.

—–

Rookie (First time pro):
    1. KDSkill
    2. StopKillingMe
    3. ThumpingHawk

There isn’t anybody here new to the leagues, but there are some people new to pro. KD and Stop are both on top teams and have been performing well. I give it to KD since Stop has been splitting time 50/50 with Rose. Hawk has also been performing well with Elevate, I hope to see him making playoffs.

—–

Disappointment:
    1. Galvann

Self explanatory.

Rage
    Keymaster

Poor Galv

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 156 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.